Those of you who have read my books, my blog, or follow me on Facebook or Twitter, have probably come to the realization that I have a pretty wacky sense of humor. It’s true. I believe that unless you have a serious medical issue, happiness is a choice. I choose to look at life through a lens of the absurd. I choose humor as my coping mechanism. That’s how I roll. And let’s face. Life is funny.
And as I age and my children have grown into young adults I find myself very nostalgic for, what for me, was a very special time of year. I’m not talking about the holidays or birthdays, which are no doubt important and enjoyable. I’m talking about shopping for Back To School supplies. Or as the very funny Staples commercial from a few years ago called it: The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.
You see, I love a good office supply. A tape dispenser. The smell of new notebooks full of college ruled lined paper. And my never ending quest for the perfect pen. I loved taking my kids shopping for school supplies. I miss it. So much that my now college age daughter allows me to visit the campus bookstore with her when we drop her off for the fall semester. She shares my office supply love.
So I thought in my never ending quest to provide you with services beyond just reading what I hope are enjoyable books, I would provide you with my picks for ten great Back To School supplies you can pick up for your little, medium or young adult sized students. And don’t bother to thank me. It’s my pleasure. (Plus you’ll find that some of them fit in with the themes of some of my books. This was not intentional).
1. Zombie Pencil Case
Everybody needs a pencil case. Where else will you keep your pencils? Think outside the pencil case this year and go with the zombie theme. You won’t be sorry. You can buy it here.
2. Zombie Gel Pens. Yep. You heard me. Zombie Gel pens. They can be purchased here.
3. Remember that you need to have a raincoat. You can’t go to school if it’s raining without a raincoat. So it might as well be a really cool pirate raincoat. Which you can buy here.
4. Your student will need notebooks. Avengers notebooks will remind them to take notes and do their homework. Nuff said. Set of two can be bought here.
5. Once school starts there will be sleep overs. So you’ll need a Batman sleeping bag. Batman will keep the messing around at sleepovers to a minimum.
6. Your K-2 students will be working on learning the alphabet. The Monster Alphabet will teach your children well. It’s my list. I get to put my books on it if I want.
7. Your student will probably have to do a book report. KILLER SPECIES: Menace From The Deep is perfect for a book report. It has issues like the environment, invasive species, and big scary critters. Like I said. Perfect.
8. Your student will also need pencils. Nothing beats the Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencil. Many other pencils have tried and failed. It is the Ferrari of pencils.
9. The lunch box. Or as they are called now lunch tote. Very important. So many choices. I think you’re going to want the Iron Man Lunch Tote. It’s just a guess.
10. The backpack. Also important. Think outside the backpack. Go with the Zombie Silhouette Backpack. It’s cool. No one else will have one. And it matches your pencil case.
Remember. Back To School school supply shopping is fun. And now I have made it easy. Enjoy!